USHR Job Description
Position Title: Software Developer (Senior)
Occupation Level: Technical
Business Unit: SD - Software Development
Reports To: SVP Autonomous Driving
Revision Date: March 27, 2018
Item 1 Senior Software Developer:
At least 15 years of progressive commercial system software development experience that focusses on the production of spatial information products (e.g., digital maps for navigation, robotics, and military “situational awareness”).
In this work, the following will have been acquired:
· Expert-level skills in C++ and Python programming on both Windows and Linux.
· Expert-level skills in applying commercial software development techniques and tools beyond purely programming (e.g., unit-test frameworks, version control tools, code analysis and profiling tools).
· Experience in selecting, assessing, and applying a wide range third-party tools and libraries.
· Expert-level skills in spatial database design and implementation, including with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
Experience in, and willingness to continue in:
· Experience in the development of detailed written software design specifications
· Experience with mentoring and review of software development tasks performed by more junior staff
· Ability with design and assessment of software user trials
· Presentations to customers, internal management, and board members
Skills, Qualifications, and Competencies
· We expect a successful candidate will likely be educated in computer science (with a significant geomatics component) or geomatics (with a significant computer science component), to at least the Master’s level.
· Expert software designer with extensive, successful track record in conceiving, developing, and deploying innovative software systems. Fluent in mathematics, statistics, geospatial engineering and computer science.
· A University degree or college diploma, related to the Geospatial or Geomatics industry
· Bachelor’s/Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering
· Extensive experience writing and designing software and performing technical reviews of software of less experienced engineers
· Knowledge of technologies utilizing digital photography, LiDAR, radar, ultrasonic sensors, gps/imu sensors, geo-referencing data for use in maps.
· Understanding of geo-spatial survey technologies and can think spatially.
· Keen analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· General office environment, occasional travel
· Experience with GIS, CAD and remote sensing software packages, as well as knowledge of GPS analysis software
· Experience with LiDAR technologies
This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all activities required to be successful in the above position. USHR retains the right to change or assign other activities to this position.