SENIOR ALGORITHMS ENGINEER
- Develop success criteria for each map feature definition.
- Define, develop, analyze, implement and validate testing procedures and metrics for evaluating success of map features given formal definitions.
- Develop scalable algorithms useful for automatically validating map results.
- Develop statistical models for validation sample coverage.
- Develop algorithms for manual quality assurance tools to augment and optimize human effort.
- Work in team of engineers to develop a scalable testing framework and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or similar technical focus.
- 3+ years of experience with Python and C++.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong technical writing and clear communication skills.
- Good time management across multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience with developing algorithms for 3D point clouds.
- Strong experience with algebraic geometry.
- Experience with geodetic and cartesian coordinate systems.
- Experience with 2D signal processing is a plus.
- Managerial and mentoring experience is a plus.
- Experience in GIS or map building areas is a plus.
- Automotive or sensor experience is a plus.
- Experience working with multiple sensor phenomenologies, including Camera and LiDAR.
- 3+ years of work experience working as an Algorithm Engineer or similar role.
- Analyzing, implementing and validating algorithms for testing and automated extraction.
- Strong experience working as part of a testing and validation team is a plus.
- Writing and verbally communicating technical requirements to engineering teams.
- Strong experience with point cloud processing and evaluations.